It was learned from the Customs Information Network that in the first half of 2017, the total amount of natural graphite exported by China was 164,000 tons, an increase of 54.26% year-on-year. Among them, the total volume of natural graphite flake exports was 71,500 tons, an increase of 38.63%, the export amount was 453.6600 million US dollars, an increase of 11.67%; the total volume of spheroidized graphite exports was 18,500 tons, an increase of 8.72%, and the export value was 5,809,800 US dollars, A decrease of 28.68%. Chinese abundant graphite resources, from the total international graphite market analysis, the future of crystalline graphite will be in short supply.
Large flake graphite is of greater value than fine flake graphite. Mainly in:
(1) In the economic value of flake graphite, under the same sample position, the price of large flake graphite is dozens of times that of fine flake;
(2) In the use of flake graphite, large scale graphite must be used to make crucibles and expanded graphite. Fine-grained grades cannot be used or are difficult to use. In the preparation of graphene, large flake graphite is more conducive to the generation of graphene.
(3) In the flake graphite’s own performance, the large flake graphite is better than the fine flake graphite, such as lubricity, the larger the graphite flake, the lower the friction coefficient, the better the lubricity;
(4) In the production of flake graphite, besides the extraction of large flake graphite in ore, modern industrial technology cannot produce synthetic large flake graphite. Once scales are destroyed, they cannot be restored, and fine scales can be obtained by crushing large scales;
(5) From the perspective of reserves, Chinese large scale graphite reserves are low. Due to the complex regrinding process during the sorting process, the graphite scales are seriously damaged and the output is low, which leading to the shortage of supply in the market.
New energy and new materials will become one of the fastest growing applications for flake graphite consumption
In recent years, with the adjustment of Chinese economic structure, the application of graphite gradually shifts to new energy and new materials. The trend is obvious, including consumption of conductive materials (lithium batteries, fuel cells, etc.), oil additives, and fluorine graphite. The increase is expected to exceed 25% in 2020.
Especially with the lithium-ion battery input, it will further stimulate the demand for flake graphite. Flake graphite for lithium-ion batteries, not only can extend battery life, promote stable voltage, increase conductivity, but also reduce battery costs. Therefore, flake graphite plays a crucial role in the battery. It is estimated that by 2020, the production and sales volume of China’s new energy vehicles will be at least 2 million units. If 1 million vehicles use lithium-ion batteries, they will need at least 50,000 to 60,000 tons of battery-grade graphite and 150,000 to 180,000 tons of flake graphite. It is expected that the output of the world’s electric vehicles will exceed 6 million, and it is estimated that 300,000 to 360,000 tons of battery-grade graphite will be needed, and that 900,000 to 1,080,000 tons of flake graphite will be required.
For graphite grinding equipments, Guilin Hengda Raymond mill, ultrafine mill, micro powder grinder is a good choice, more info please visit www.hengdamill.com.
30th May 2018